Sarah Salord, Company Director at GEC PR
World Vegan Month is an annual event taking place each year during November, promoting the health and environmental benefits of a vegan diet and lifestyle.
This global event is a great opportunity for food and lifestyle brands to raise the brand’s profile through a simple PR strategy. I’m not vegan, however I appreciate the benefits following a plant-based diet can have on both the environment and our own health, and I’ve shared five PR and marketing tips to help lifestyle brands make the most of this opportunity.
My top tips include:
- Brands can use the theme as a platform to create PR’able news angles and to promote positive brand stories such as how the company has introduced a vegan menu or started to use vegan products. This can be drafted into a press release and distributed to targeted media publications and journalists, as well as shared on the company website and in marketing materials such as newsletters.
- More and more consumers are conscious of where their purchases come from and actively seek out brands with a strong, ethical story behind them. Being open about your brand values and ethical standing can help build a stronger relationship with potential customers and showing your support for campaigns such as World Vegan Month can help grow this relationship.
- If you have access to a venue or event space, then why not celebrate World Vegan Month with an in-store or in-restaurant event inviting existing and new customers to come and enjoy a vegan menu or to try your vegan products. This could be handled internally, or a PR agency can manage the planning and logistics on the day, as well as ensure the event is promoted through local media publications.
- As a brand working in the food and lifestyle sector, use your expertise and experience to create content around relevant topics such as vegan recipes or tips highlighting how individuals can make small changes in their daily habits to support a vegan lifestyle. This content is an invaluable PR and marketing tool and can be shared with your customers and across online platforms and social media channels.
- Engage with the World Vegan Month online community by sharing social media content from your company channels including hashtags for the 2021 event such as #Veganmonth